Please welcome New Department Secretary / Treasurer Terry Lena
I am pleased to announce Terry Lena has formally accepted the position as ALA Department of Colorado Secretary/Treasurer! Terry was offered the position on August 27 and she formally accepted the ALA Department of Colorado employment offer on September 2. (Please see below emails for details).
Terry was with her previous employer for 18 years, and during that duration developed a professional skill set which will be an asset to our organization. A few highlights of her skill set include but are not limited to the following:
• Delivering high-level administrative support to executives, including composing confidential correspondence, arranging complex, detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas, and assembling documents for meetings.
• Processing all procurement-related transactions and completed expense reports, in addition to organizing large-scale meetings and executive-level gatherings.
• Proofreading and correcting prepared materials for grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
• Overseeing all monthly procurement activity, verifying and certifying for multiple department’s spending in addition to proactively monitoring a dozen budgets and accounts
• Training both supervisors and managers in procedures related to human resources, procurement, and institutional and state-wide protocols and systems.
• Responding to incoming communication in a timely, professional manner, fielding questions and delegating as needed.
• Scheduling board meetings, prepared agendas, complied monthly financial documents for Executive Board meetings.
• Coordinating meetings, special lunches, and dinners in addition to interactions with donors and donor relations teams.
• Overseeing budget allocations for state expenditures by account, in addition to managing employee contract renewals and evaluations.
• Preparing and delivering donor acknowledgment letters and proposals for support, as well as relevant content for annual reports.
• Maintaining accurate mailing lists for invitations and the distribution of publications, including a planned giving newsletter.
• Responding to requests from both trustees and donors, assembling, fact-checking, and proofreading donor lists and other content.
• Managing the monthly reconciliation of all budget lines and accounts and maintained, archived, and updated all donor and personnel files.
Terry will begin her employment on Tuesday, September 8 at 7:30 am. Tina Cooper and Judy Sadler have graciously offered to train Terry in ALA Department of Colorado procedures and protocols.
I have emailed Terry the Code of Conduct, Confidentially Agreement, and Electronic Meeting form and she will have those documents signed and dated on September 8.
ALA Department of Colorado is extremely indebted to Tina Cooper, Judy Sadler, and Donna Thompson, who graciously gave of their time and talent in running of the Department of Colorado office, which included but is definitely not limited to processing membership, providing accounting support, and updating all needed documents. This dedication to our organization will allow Terry to begin her employment with a fresh slate.
Please welcome to Terry as the newest member of our leadership team!
American Legion Auxiliary
Department of Colorado
2019 - 2021 President
2020-2021 UPDATES DEPARTMENT DUES
NEW DEPARTMENT EMAIL ADDRESS:
Celebrating a Century of Sisterhood
Pay Your Dues Online
Paying your dues just got easier. Forget writing the check, remembering to drop it off or mail it. Go online and directly pay your dues. How Exciting!!
Go to: www.ALAforVeterans.org
Log On: (If you have not yet set up your log on you can do so now, just need your membership number off your ID Card). Type right corner of your screen.
On the top right column, you will see PAY Dues.
Fill in your information and CC number and you are paid for the YEAR!!!
In The Spirit of Service not Self,
Counties throughout Colorado have public health websites, I urge our members to log on to their individual counties for up to date information.
General Facts for Coloradans: https://covid19.colorado.gov/
General Facts and local Resources for Pueblo County (including test guidelines): https://county.pueblo.org/public-health/covid-19
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus page: symptoms, community resources, US case tracker, latest updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Flattening A Pandemic's Curve: Why Staying Home Now Can Save Lives: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/
Blessings, Tracy Trujillo American Legion Auxiliary Department of Colorado 2019-2020 President
UNIT MEMBER OF THE YEAR & SERVICE MEMBER OF THE YEAR
It is that time of the year to look at your unit and say who deserves to be nominated for Member of the Year. This is a member that has not held an elected or appointed position higher than unit president. Who do you know that deserves this honor?
We also have the Salute to Service Woman Award. We are looking for women who are currently serving in our Armed Forces. Do you know a person that deserves this nomination too?
Did you find a mistake, a broken link or something we missed?
Click here to let the webmaster know!
Click here to let the webmaster know!